Local Photo Guide is a local business in Jan Juc, near Torquay in Victoria, Australia.
We offer a specialised service to people who want to learn how to use their camera hands-on.
Looking for Microsoft software training? – click here.
With the Surf Coast seascapes, landscapes and hinterland as an exceptional venue for photography you can join a small group of interested aspiring photographers (maximum of 8 in the group) and learn how to use your digital camera’s controls to get better shots (nearly) every time!
We cover a range of useful topics including:
- Understanding aperture and speed settings
- Using the manual controls (don’t be frightened)
- Getting the ‘right’ exposure for your shot (and your imagination)
- The improvement a small difference in viewpoint can make (composition)
- Different lenses – pros and cons
- The challenges of low light photography
- Alternatives to tripods (some neat tricks here)
- What do all those SYMBOLS on my camera mean?
- A little bit of of the LANGUAGE of photography (shutter speed, f-stop, aperture, white balance)
and whatever questions you want to ask…
Are run on weekends and run in the morning from 10am to 1pm and the afternoon from 3pm to 6pm.
Click here to see if there’s a FREE session going on.
$45 per person per 3-hour session and includes training, chosen locations (depending on tides, weather, other opportunities), advice from an experienced local and international travel photographer and plenty of time to share your experience and pictures with others in the group.
You can make a booking or just call Fred on 0407 552 060 to have a chat.
See you there 🙂
For a good example of what we learn about manual controls, spend a few fun minutes here on the Canon website. You should click the ‘Learn, Play and Challenge’ buttons at the top right and look through the glossary at the left.
Sorry – Local photo guide does NOT teach Photoshop or Lightroom.