Localphotoguide is a local business in Jan Juc, near Torquay in Victoria, Australia.
We offer a specialised service to people who want to learn how to use their camera hands-on.
With the Surf Coast seascapes, landscapes and hinterland as an exceptional venue for photography you can join a small group of interested aspiring photographers and learn how to use your digital camera’s controls to get better shots (nearly) every time!
We cover a range of useful topics including:
- Understanding aperture and speed settings
- Using the manual controls (don’t be frightened)
- Getting the ‘right’ exposure for your shot (and your imagination)
- The improvement a small difference in viewpoint can make (composition)
- Different lenses – pros and cons
- The challenges of low light photography
- Alternatives to tripods (some neat tricks here)
- What do all those SYMBOLS on my camera mean?
- A little bit of of the LANGUAGE of photography (shutter speed, f-stop, aperture, white balance)
and whatever questions you want to ask…
For a good example of what we learn look here. Click the Learn, Play and Challenge buttons top right and the glossary at the left.
Localphotoguide does NOT teach Photoshop.